Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Being a mom

Ever since I was a little girl all that I ever wanted to be was a mom. I was like most little girls and loved to play with dolls. I would dress them and feed them and hug them and kiss them-- I figured that is what it meant to be a mom. I guess I always knew that one way or the other I would be a mom. I just don't think that I ever realized how hard it was going to be though. I feel like it is the hardest job ever. My day is filled with taking care of a very active little baby girl who never ceases to amaze me. It seems like I am constantly doing something. Even during the precious hours when she is sleeping I am still doing laundry, cleaning, taking care of the dogs, etc. Then my afternoon is filled with helping Blaine, and sometimes Evan, with homework which is quite interesting sometimes too. Luckily most evenings my husband cooks because that is definitely not my thing. I think that I was a little crazy to add 2 dogs to the mix -- Annie came to live with us in August of 2009 and Lily came in January 2010. They make things even crazier. This morning I thought that it was a good idea to let Riley come with me when I took Annie and Lily outside. Well, Annie was running in one direction and Riley was running in the other and Lily was somewhere in between. I think we will go back to Riley watching from the window and Annie is going on the leash because that was way too much activity for me. I can't wait until summer when we can all go out to play and maybe even take some walks to the park! But even though it can get a little crazy sometimes---- I love being a mom:)

1 comment:

  1. Girlfriend, I totally agree! Motherhood is a tough but rewarding job. You are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete