Wednesday, March 10, 2010

While Jason was away

Jason has been out of town since Sunday night and I am so excited that he is going to be back tomorrow evening! I have been very busy taking care of Blaine and Riley (and Annie and Lily too). The week started with Blaine getting the stomach bug, which was not fun. I am not the one to take care of a little one with vomiting. I basicly gave him a bucket and told him that is where any of the vomiting should end up! I was a little perturbed because I was planning on going to a celebration for all the Dietitians at work at my manager's house. Last year was the first year that there was a Dietitian Day and my manager started a tradition of having a surprise celebration. Well, anyway I was going to have my mother-in-law watch Blaine and Riley so that I could go. When Blaine got home from school he was running a fever and complaining of a stomach ache so I didn't think it was a good idea for me to go. Needless to say I was not happy about having to miss it. Then he ended up being fine-- that is until 11 p.m. when he woke me up to tell me he had puked in his bucket. I got up and emptied it and then dry heaved and went back to sleep. Blaine woke me up at 6 a.m. again and said that he had gotten sick in the toliet this time, so at least I didn't miss the celebration for nothing. Well, on Tuesday I had a full day planned so once I found out that Brenden (my 21 year old) didn't have to work until 5 p.m. I asked him to stay home with Blaine. Riley and I went to MOPs at church and then I went to my CASA board meeting. For those who don't know I have been a CASA (court appointed special advocate for children who have been abused or neglected) for the past 13 years. Lately I haven't been able to be a volunteer for any of the children but I have joined the Board that helps supervise the program. So I did not want to miss my second meeting. I was also blessed to have my babysitter's daughter, Dee, to watch Riley for me while I went to this. So after all of that activity I was really looking forward to my additional day off today where I did not have any exact plans. And I was especially excited when I saw that it was going to be 68 degrees outside. It was such a wonderful day and I must mention that it was all due to God's wonderful glory that he poured out the sunshine for us all in Owensboro, Kentucky!!!! Riley and I took a nap together and than we sat outside for a little while-- or should I say I sat outside and she ran around! I also was able to take Lily, our new puppy, to Petsmart to be groomed and she looks wonderful!! It has been so nice to be able to go outside without a coat on and not feel like I am freezing my butt off. I do feel like I have survived quite well this week without Jason but I am looking forward to his return tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment