Monday, July 4, 2011

Sweet Home Kentucky

I haven't blogged for a couple of months because we have been preparing to move to Alabama. Some people are having a hard time understanding why we are moving. It was definitely not an easy decision, especially when I look back through all my pictures and picked these as some of the reasons that I am going to miss Kentucky:

(1) My son Brenden, who is staying behind in Tell City, Indiana. I'm so proud that he has been living on his own and know that he is going to do just fine without me but I will miss him very much.
(2) Listening to Blaine play the violin. I was saddened to learn that he won't have the opportunity to be in Orchestra in Middle School. But we could always pay for private lessons.

(3)Jason's family is going to be greatly missed by us. It has been a wonderful thing that we have had family so close by. I know deep in my heart that they will be there for us when we need them but they won't be just across town anymore.

(4) I finally learned to ski this year, and there isn't any snow where we are moving. Wait.... that's a good thing isn't it??!?!

(5) Riley and I are going to miss Storytime at the library and all of our friends!

(6) I'm going to miss all of my mom friends that I have met over the past 2 years while I have worked part time in Owensboro (including Shannon, Candace, Tamra, Kim, Stacy, and Ana).

(7) I'm especially going to miss our house that is a true labor of love. Jason and I have "touched" every nook and cranny and made it into a home. But I feel good in knowing that the next family will be a perfect fit for it!!

(8) I'm going to miss all of my co-workers, especially my fellow dietitians at Owensboro Medical Health Systems. You have become like family to me!! Not sure how it is going to be to not be working with any other dietitians in my new job.

(9) I am going to miss our church and I'm sure Riley is going to miss it too. This is a picture of the MOPPETTs. I know that we will find a good church in Alabama too.

(10) Going to miss my friends' Courtney and Al Ward. They have been there for me going on 12 years now. What more can I say....

(11) Going to miss Shannon Sanderson, who taught me how to ski and has been a great friend. We are planning an arranged marriage between Owen and Riley-- wouldn't they have cute kids?

(12) I'm really going to miss volunteering with CASA of Ohio Valley. I have been with the program since it began in this county and have served on the board the past 2 years. They do not have CASA in the county that I will be moving to.

(13) I will miss my new friend Kim McCaslin who makes me laugh! I will never forget all the fun times we have had together.

(14) I will miss my friend Stacy Muffler (and her 2 little girls Olivia and Myra). She has been a great inspiration of what a stay at home mom is all about. She is so patient and kind-- I definitely have learned a lot from her.

(15) I will miss my sweet Mattie Lou. She always is good for a hug and cuddle!!

(16) Miss Ellen will be greatly missed. I have enjoyed going to her dance recitals and having her spend the night.
I will also miss Sam too but I couldn't find a picture of him:)

(17) I will miss the playdates with the MOMs Club of Owensboro-- I know that they have one in Fairhope but it just won't be the same.

(18) I will miss teaching Vacation Bible School at Owensboro Christian Church. I know that I will continue to do this in Alabama.

(19) I will especially miss my new found friend Ana! She came into my life just 8 months ago but I feel like I have known her forever!!! And her sweet girls, Victoria and Sofia, will be missed too!

(20) And last but not least I will miss our neighbor kids and all the pool parties!!


No comments:

Post a Comment