Monday, April 4, 2011

Extreme Couponing


It has been a very long time since I have blogged, way too long, but it's really just not my thing. I thought I would give it another try though. I have several friends who tell me about how they get such good deals by doing "extreme" couponing so I thought that I would give it a try.
I started off by going onto several online sites and printing off some coupons. The first problem that I ran into was that I used up all the black ink in my printer and my hubby had to order some more:( Then when the ads came out Sunday I spent an hour or so looking through the ads and comparing them to the coupons that I have.
I decided last night at around 8 pm to try to go out and find some of the bargains. The next problem I ran into was that CVS closes at 8pm on Sunday. But I stopped at Walgreen's (which is open 24 hours) and purchased Colgate toothpaste for $2.99 and received a coupon for $3 to use on my next purchase. I also picked up a box of Fruit Loops for the sale price of $1.88. Then I went to Target and ran into my third problem which is that our Target is not a "Super" Target so they didn't have most of the items I was looking for. I did buy Dove Men's Deordorant for $2.99 and had a $1.00 off coupon (so I got it for $1.99). The other item I bought was some cereal and I used a coupon but I realized after I was halfway home that it didn't ring up on sale so it wasn't the bargain that I had hoped for.
Today Riley and I went to CVS to try to pick up all the bargains there. And I must say I did fairly well, this is what I got:
Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner 2/$5.49 (-$1.00)= 2/$4.49
Oral B Toothbrushes $2.99 each (-$.99 each instore coupon) (-$2.00 coupon)(Buy1Get1 free)=
they paid me 0.99 to take them home!!
Glide Clinical Gum Toothpase(4oz) $3.49 (-$2.50 instore coupon)= $0.99
Olay Body Wash $5.99 (-$3.00 coupon) = $2.99
Pantene Shampoo & Conditioner 2/$6.97 (-$2.00 instore coupon) (-$1.00coupon)=2/$3.97
Infusium Leave-in Conditioner $4.99 (-$2.00)= $2.99
Cascade $6.99 (-.25)= $6.74

There are a couple of other items that they were out of, I am planning on returning on Friday which is when they get their next shipment in and then I can use all the instore coupons ($6.48).

No comments:

Post a Comment